Wednesday 30 January 2013

Argentine Tango Dress

Along side my ballet project I have decided for the other half of my uni project I have decided to design and make a Argentine tango dress for my dance teacher.  At the moment it is just in the researching, doodling stages.  I am yet to know the type she wants as the dance both traditional and show tango so the dress will need to reflect which ever she has decided to dance.  At the moment I have done a few drawings with the show element in mind.  I have got inspiration  from a few dresses especially the yellow Latin dress.  I really like the one sleeve as did my dance teacher and the S shaping on the bodice.  I have taken this idea into the design below.




( the drawing isn't  brilliant, its not my strong suite but I have tried)

As said I used the one sleeve and neckline similar to Latin dress but given it more of a tango skirt.  Its a shimmery black stretch fabric with black and yellow hot stones and beading on it.  There will be chiffon or Georgette yellow godet in the skirt with a dip hem and split up one side. On the side with out the sleeve with be a bra cup covered it the same colour fabric as the godets and strap with go across the back to hold it in place.

I do like this design and have sent it to my dance teacher for her opinion.  I feel this may look more like a ballroom tango dress however I think it could work for Argentine, it may need to be made a bit shorter in the hem so nothing gets caught with the heels. This is just a first design so it will most probably be adapted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment