Tuesday 6 August 2013

Classical Ballet Tutu

I have finally finished university gaining a 2:1 in Costume with Performance Design.  I have learnt a lot during my time and enjoyed my final project so much. 

Having done both the classical tutu and the tango dress I now have two skills that I can improve and adapt.

Here are the professional photo shoot we had for our tutus.

Photographer: Ying Ju Chen and Maggie Maguire
Model: Rasheeda Ali









 Here are a few close ups of the decoration:

The first picture being the passion flower and the briar coming onto the power net and the second picture is the powernet sleeve with the briar on it.


 


I am really happy with my tutu it was pretty much near perfect, I was so pleased it fitted as i was unable to have a second fitting as my artist was unavailable so was going on the previous fitting.
It was the perfect size it fitted like a glove and the tutu sat perfectly. I cannot wait to start on my next one. 
 
I have already bought the fabric for it and now need to get started.  I plan to set up freelance making unusual ballet tutu instead of the cheap nasty sugary ones found online at the moment. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment